How to ship 250 books in under 4 hours
We just mailed 250 books to our Kickstarter backers.
If you don't count the root beer floats on the front end, it took us under 4 hours to pack the coloring books and stickers into envelopes for our 111 Kickstarter backers. This was way faster than we thought!
Here's what we did:
- Recruited friends and family to help - but not too many
- Started the party with gourmet root beer floats - Virgil's, Maine Root, Fentiman's, etc
- Printed multiple copies of the backer surveys from Kickstarter
- Laid out everything on our big gorgeous walnut table (thanks Jake)
- Set up a workflow: Joanna signed books, three people wrote addresses, one person paired the envelopes with the right books (custom signatures) and the right swag, and one person double-checked and stuck on postage
Here's what we'd do differently next time:
- Print postage labels... or not. There's something special about getting mail with your address hand-written on it.
- Drink more root beer.